Microblading & Cosmetic Tattoo Post Care
Your post-care is very important to the overall healing process, appearance, and longevity of your new tattoos. Once your procedure is complete, a medical-grade silicone gel will be applied to your eyebrows and must be gently rinsed off 24 hours post-treatment. If you have a cosmetic tattoo other than your eyebrows, you may skip the silicone gel step. As you rinse the product from your eyebrows, be sure NOT to scrub. Instead, gently rinse with a light neutral soap in one direction. Air dry for approximately 30 minutes then gently apply the grapeseed oil. The grapeseed oil should be applied twice a day to keep scabs from forming. These steps should be followed for the first seven days after your procedure.
The following MUST BE AVOIDED during ALL 7 days after:
- Any activity that increases sweating or gets your brows wet
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot tub, or jacuzzi
- Sun or salon tanning
- UV/UVA or chemicals as have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic
- Acid on the face
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro-pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Driving in open-air vehicles such as, but not limited to, convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the treated area except for when rinsing and applying grape seed oil.
What to expect after your session
Entire healing process will take 4-6 weeks depending on your body’s regeneration and age. Your new tattoos will go through several phases during the healing cycle. The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day. Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after the recovery period (peeling) tattoo might appear lighter than the original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly, however, this color change is due to the superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your body. Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your tattoos when exposed to the sun. Avoid excessively oily sunscreen particularly if you have oily skin as this could push the pigment out. You can now enjoy your beautiful new tattoos! You will love them! We will see you back in 6 weeks for a touch-up. Please call the office with any concerns post-treatment and we will be happy to assist you. We can be reached at Alabama Surgical Arts Phone Number 334-271-2002 during business hours or at 334-546-9088 after business hours.